From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Smith, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 8:28 AM
To: Tim Norris; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mic Element Types

I'm in need of an education about the different types of harp
mic elements.  I've searched the internet, and found a fair
amount of information, but haven't found a site which addresses
all types in the s.  Many different sites give opinions about specific
types, or campare a couple of types, but is there a site which
describes a side-by-side comparison of them all?  How does the
sound of each type compare for harmonica?  Frequency range?
Feedback? Impedances?  Loudness?  Durability?  Grittiness?
I've seen salt crystal compared to ceramic crystal, but how does
dynamic compare to crystal?  How does controlled reluctance
differ from controlled magnetic?  Magnetic vs. Crystal?
Any help would be appreciated.  Eventually, I imagine I'll try
them all myself, but I want to know what I'm doing before I
buy my first one.  Thanks in advance.

Richard J. Smith, R.A.

- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org