Re: paralysis by analisys outbreak warning!!!

I agree you can spend too much time on the list. Also your right to say that
practice is key and and taking a course can help. But if you take a course
in a community college, you will meet other people and you soon get to know
them and spend time speaking to them and exchanging ideas. Chances are you
will end up in a bar or restaurant and discuss all kinds of things like your
favourite artists, a show you have seen etc. This also burns time that can
be used for practicing. Even worse (or better), you may even end up in bed
with a classmate which would be a great thing for your sex life, although
again not so good for your practicing. This can lead to getting married and
having kids, a house and a dog that needs to be walked and by this time you
will be down to 5 minutes a day of practicing. Such is life.

Anyways your right, practice is key and I believe formal instruction can
definitely be helpful although some people would say that this takes away
from practice time as they like getting better just by playing. A good time
management book may be the best solution to paralysis. Time management (and
motivation) is the key to practice and time on the list is one of the thing
that needs to be managed. There is a place for the list but it should come
after practicing at least most of the time.

My intention was/is to reduce my time posting such e-mails because I am a
very slow writer and I need the practice more than I need to spend time on
this list. At the same time I think the list is a great resource and thank
all those that contribute.

Respectfully,

Pierre.