Re: XB-40 and Valve Feedback

> Well just got my brand new XB-40 in the key of G today.  Initially i was =
> extremely delighted with this insturment, but as i continued to play i =
> noticed that on the lower holes(specifically 1-4) changing from blowing =
> to draw notes creates quite an audible valve popping noise, and =
> occasionally causes the note to stutter.  I assume this is a function of =
> the unique valve design.  Will this problem go away with age?  Is it =
> merely an unpreventable side effect of valveing a G harp?  Hopefully I =
> can get used to this, but right now it is really annoying.

No what's REALLY annoying is the unreadable HTML garbage that followed this part of your post in
the digest!  :>

But to try and answer your question - I don't have a G harp.  But I do have an A and a Bb.  I
don't get any popping or stuttering from changing from blow to draw notes as you described.  I do
get some "stutter" on the #1 and #2 blow bends.  But since I can eliminate that with some effort
and concetration on breath and embouchure adjusments I don't really blame the instrument.