RE: mic question

Steve,
It's been said before, and they're hard to find, but one thing that WILL
help is a Rocktron Microhush Pedal.   I've got two, and they do alot towards
cutting down mic feedback, I use one on my bullet and one on the mic from my
amp to the PA.  It's not a magic bullet, but a very useful tool.

Also, you could use an EQ pedal...cut the high and low bands all the way
down, midline the rest and season to taste.  Also very useful, and cheap.

A good cable will help somewhat, but not alot.  If that mic has a really hot
element, it's gonna feed to that BJ.  Have you changed the preamp tubes?  I
had good results with a mix of 12at7's and 12ay7's when I had my Blues Jr.

Hope this Helps.

>From: Moandabluz@xxxxxxx
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: mic question
>Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 00:58:22 EDT
>

>I recently got a new element in a JT30, put together by Mr. Mic.. Dennis
>Oelling in Kansas City. It sounds great, but when I used it with my Blues
>Jr. last
>weekend, feedback got me. I could only get the amp to about 2 1/2 before it
>started to screech. I did all the usual things, as far as changing amp
>placement and changing where I stood in relation to PA speakers, but none
>of it helped
>a lot. The only thing I could think of was that I was in a hurry when I
>left
>home and I only had a really cheap cord. Will an inferior cord make that
>much
>difference? And are there any 'easy" suggestions about how to deal with
>feedback that I might not have tried?
>
>Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
>still a fool for the harp

a trip to NY