RE : sonny jr new 4x10?

   Has anyone been using or used the new sonny jr 4x10 ? whats the word
on this baby.

   Unlike his Sonny Jr amplifiers #1 and #2, which were interesting
attempts to achieve THE sound, Gary Onofrio seems to try to make History
repeat itself with his new "Four Ten" amplifier.
   Advertised as being very close to the original specs of a '59 Bassman
by the grace of some NOS military-grade paper oil capacitors in the
tonal circuit, and guaranteed to deliver a "tidal wave of sound" due to
a pair of alnico Weber P10Q's [one smooth cone and one ribbed cone] and
a pair of large magnet ceramic Eminence speakers, this amp seems to be
nothing more than a nicely souped up version of a Bassman RI.
   I played it and, although I am by no means a professional, I found
out the amp is very responsive and resonating due to an excellent
cabinet.
Volume can be raised up to 6-7 without feedback but at low volume (2-4),
it is a little "thin" on the low end. On the higher end,  it seemed to
be a bit edgy (with a D and an F harp) until I replaced the 12AX7 with
an AT...
   I think that most of what has been (well) achieved here tonal wise
can be done with some home work, NOS tubes, some upgraded transformers
and a little patience. At $2.000 a pop for this boutique amp, it might
be worth it if one looks at today's gasoline prices. But this sure is a
nice toy!

   Sunnyside in Vienna (Austria)