Re : gear question stromberg carlson pa amp

Joel Fritz <jfritz666@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sez ,

Excerpt :

>Just picked up a Stromberg Carlson Signet 33 amp on ebay. Tube
>complement is (2x) 12ax7, 6u8, 5u4gb, and (2x) 6l6gc. Is anyone
>familiar with this amp?

Hurricane Sez :

Some of the older 1950's mono  art deco painted face ones were really nice especially for a harmonica with some of them having one 1/4 input as wel as some of thier commercial P.A. chassi's . They both were highly valued for their rich  tone potentials from their warm distortion break up when hooked to the right speaker . If you like it they way it is , roll with and enjoy that sucker . I worked in a place  that fixed audio amps as specialty and tube amps of these types always performed  really well and for long periods of time once served with a new set of tubes . In the  7 years I worked there I saw many different industrial type as well as the art deco ones were abandoned when the $ factor rolled in and the owners ( sometimes newly inherited ones if you get my meaning ) didn't want to re tube it for the cost factor being too much or not did not realize it's value or because they did need not use one in the first place . I bought some , sold some and mostly gave many away !
to worthy homes :)

Sincerely :

HR

Aka :