Re: Standardizing Skill Levels

My feeling is that perhaps it would be better to list certain skills and
then have people check yes or no.

Someone mentioned this but people don't do things in order, I've been
playing for about four years and never spent time on basic things like
vibrato and trills yet I can do overblows. Its just that I like practicing
certain things and I don't like others.

It would be nice to have a site where one can post and update their skills,
that way when they post to harp-l or other sites, you could check someones
skills before answerig a question and giving answers like "tone comes from
the player, not the amp" to a veteran.

Example Skills:

Single hole
Bend on 4 and 6
Bend on 2 and 3
Blow bends
Overblows
Overdraws
vibrato
trills
Double stop
Tongue block
Pucker
2nd position
3rd position

Styles
  - blues
  - jazz
  - celtic
  - folk

Gapping harps
Tuning harps

Losts of stuff could be added.

Another cruder way, would be to simply specify the number of hours of
playing time for example:

3 years of playing
500 hours total playing time

Pierre.