Re: Standardizing Skill Levels

Wow, what Steve Shaw said.  You're exactly right about that.  I play
harmonica becasue of the lack of formal standards.  I played clarinet in
school for the orchestra and hated it.  I had an awful teacher and he
discouraged me from continuing.  If I hadn't had the luck of my brother
receiving a key of 365 Marine Band for his birthday (promptly swiped by
me) I don't know that I'd be playing music today.  fjm