RE: battery amp

Tubes use a lot more power and MUCH higher voltages than solid state does,
so it would be a lot harder to make a battery powered amp using tubes.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Smith, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 11:05 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: battery amp

I have been looking for the same sort of thing, myself.
Pignose makes a tube amp (Model G-40V) with 2x6L6's, 40 watts,
and a 10" speaker, but it's not battery-powered.  I wonder why
all the small battery-powered Pignose amps are solid-state?
Too bad they don't make a small, low power "tube" amp that
runs on batteries.  The Smicz "Portablues" is the only tube
amp I know of that's battery-powered.  Anyone know of any others?

Richard J. Smith, R.A.
rismith@xxxxxxxxxxx