Re : overblow question

Jp Pagan Asked :

Excerpt ,

>hi everyone,

>correct me if i'm wrong, but unlike with regular
>bends, one cannot "slide" into an overblow, correct

Hurricane Sez :

Depends on the register and  reed size of the harp in question I would think .

Bigger reeds , lower register tone harps , the first 4 to 6 holes of 16 hole chromatic set up for over blows fall in to this fact :

More work and degree of sliding ability in an over blow or draw , or maybe  better stated , degree of difficulty due to the amout of air needed and the control of the larger demand of air for an overblow controled slide in a fast paced song  . You work much more harder  for those type of overblows in an up tempo'd song(s) when your in those larger harmonica reed territories IMO , but I could be wrong YMMV too.

Sincerely :

HR

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx