Re: Standardizing Skill Levels

Anyone who doubts that formalized tuition and level have validity should
take a look at an Ad for Dave Barretts Harmonica Masterclass Workshops.
The layout and content is nothing like what I would suggest for my
favourite genre, classical playing, but it is spot on for diatonic (call it
Blues) playing.
Do people come out of this better players?  You bet your sweet bippy (Rowan
and Martin's Laugh In expression)

Just because one person thinks that the idea of having a structure and path
is rubbish doesn't mean that another person may find that this is their
path to becoming a full musician in whatever genre they wish.

This discussion is not about stopping people having fun and destroying
their inclination to make music,it is, hopefully, about pointing out that
there is a way of widening knowledge, enhancing skills and providing a fast
track to excellence.

Douglas t