Thanks

Dear List,

Thanks to all who provided suggestions on fixing my buzzing SBS Marine
Band reed. After banging the cover with a punch for awhile I was able
to open up enough space for it to vibrate freely (it was hitting the
cover before even with relatively modest draws). It's like having a new
harp! I also wanted to pass along a recommendation for a couple of
useful pieces of equipment. The first is a metal "utility tray"
(Quiklok MI MS329)  that attaches to your mic stand. I got mine from
Sweetwater, who are, by the way, really great to deal with
(www.sweetwater.com). It's just the right size to hold about ten
diatonics. I glued a mouse pad to mine so it's cushioned. I also bought
one of "Cadillac Petes" harp microphone holders (which also attaches to
the mic. stand). It works perfectly for bullet mics.

Best,
Grant Kester