  From: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx=20
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 3:11 PM
  Subject: moment of silence, please

  BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Ray Charles, the Grammy-winning crooner who=20
  blended gospel and blues in such crowd-pleasers as "What'd I Say" and=20
  ballads like "Georgia on My Mind," died Thursday, a spokesman said.=20
  He was 73.

  Charles died at his Beverly Hills home surrounded by family and=20
  friends, said spokesman Jerry Digney.

  Charles last public appearance was alongside Clint Eastwood on April=20
  30, when the city of Los Angeles designated the singer's studios,=20
  built 40 years ago in central Los Angeles, as a historic landmark.