Re: Pignose

"Smith, Richard" <rismith@xxxxxxxxxxx writes,

> I've seen a number of posts and articles about the Pignose Hog 20, used
> for harp. Many players feel the Fender Bassman has advantages over
> regular guitar amps, so it makes me wonder about the Pignose Hog 30,
> which is advertised as being for Bass.  Has anyone tried the Hog 30?
> Might the Hog 30 have a better sound for harp?
>
> Richard J. Smith, R.A.

I don't know about diatonic but I have always believed a bass amp
works very well for chromatic harmonica., When I use a regular amp
or PA I trim the highs completely, back off the mids about half way
and boost the bass. Kinda like you would set it up for a bass harmonica.
My preferred mic is a Shure 330, 2nd choice Shure 315.
(Although I have recently used a Sennheiser E604 and really like it!
- -- maybe even better than the Shure models). A little pricey at $249
list, (Sam Ash $149). But if you buy the often available 3 pak at $299
you've got $100 in it if you get a couple buddies to take the other two.

YMMV,
Jack Ely