"Church of the Sacred Hut-tah Hut-tah" explaination

To those of you that were curious and asked what this was all about, I will
briefly explain.

After SPAH 98, I decided to study Kim Wilson's playing and analyze why he is
so compelling, using the SPAH 98 Video as reference.

In this endeavor, I discovered links to Little Walter's groove, which lead me
to search for, understand, and define "The Groove" - something that no other
author of Harmonica instructional material has attempted. It is the missing
link between information and performance.

My first approach was called "Momentum Theory" and was useful in helping
players develop their own forward motion to which to attach the licks and ideas
they've obtained from workshops and other teachers. Kim Wilson's SPAH video was
always at the core of my method.

Moving past this to another larger, more simplified level, this concept
morphed into "Church of the Sacred Hut-tah Hut-tah" at Augusta Heritage Blues Week
2003. "Hut-tah" is now at the core, being a phonetic reproduction of what
occurs within the shuffle groove. Since Blues Week is all about having fun, the
"Church" came into existence all by itself as an evolution of ideas and
connections w/the students. It is not meant to be politically incorrect or tied to
religious discussions. As a matter of fact, it is my "Oh, lighten up" message to
those that have too uptight an attitude about "correctness".

Not meant to insult or offend, it turned into the best class I've conducted
and really connected on many levels with the students and helped fill a gap
left by other harmonica classes.

Based on this success, it has become my new direction and helped develop many
new techniques used for private lessons and the Gindick Workshops that I've
worked.

This year's Augusta Heritage Blues Week will find a continuation on this them
e for my mini-class instruction in the evening. Those interested in finding
out more about the Blues Week program can access the Augusta website
www.augustaheritage.com

The Iceman