Re: Grant Dermody Seminar in NJ

The Best Li'l Harp House wrote:

>HARMONICA SEMINAR - JUNE 29TH - BORDENTOWN, NJ
>
>We have so many requests for teaching seminars that we thought we ought to
>share this one with the list.
>
>Some of you may already be familiar with Grant Dermody from his earlier days
>with the "Improbillies".  He is currently experiencing great success with
>his newest solo release, "Crossing That River" and, we're proud to announce
>that he's coming to New Jersey!

I've seen very little mention of Grant's CD on this list, which is
surprising given what a great album it is. Grant's vocals and
harmonica are just lovely and he is supported on this album by
luminaries such as John Cephas, John Miller, Orville Johnson, Joe
Filisko and assorted Improbabillies. The material is eclectic, drawing
from blues and old time with touches of folk, jazz and even calypso,
yet it all has a very cohesive sound and feel.

Don't take my word for it, check out some audio clips:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dermody/from/evor

 -- Pat.