From: "David R. Fertig"
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
Subject: Elmtree Jam #24 was sweet like marmalade
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:00:07 +0000 The Elmtree Blues Society 24th Occasional Jam and Hat Doffing happened this past Saturday, and I thank all those of you who came!  We had some real fine moments of music between moments of real good fun!

As for those who couldn't make it, well, I'll try to describe it: the jam was more like a good homemade marmalade: sweet throughout, a bit chewy at times, even had a few nuts here and there, tangy and sharp but very low in acidity and very high in nutrition, and wonderful whether on toast or just straight from the jar!  A complete blues meal, you might say.

All the players were attentive and laid back, generous to a fault - which is good, since we had about 6 (or was it 8?) guitarists, 3 keyboardists, 3 drummers, 2 bassists, 5 harp players and 4 vocalists.    Since it stretched from 2pm to sunset (8pm) everyone had plenty of time to play and enjoy themselves.  We even had a classical flute duet going on indoors, for those who wanted a change of pace.

Thanks to all of you, and now a word about a couple of our new participants:

Doc Alters, of the Alternators, based in Encinitas, is the dapper clean-shaven fellow who played fine harp and tambourine and sang a bit, check out his band's website (that's him in the fancy double-breasted suit) http://thealternatorsband.com/

and

Clark Kidder, the handsome dark-bearded fellow playing the beautiful blond Gibson B200(?) hollowbody electric and singing, is in a group, the Blues Pirates www.bluespirates.org  which will be playing Saturday, July 3, 2004,7:00pm at the Coffee Gallery Backstage:
2029 North Lake Avenue
Altadena, CA  91001
Reservations (626) 398-7917

The Blues Pirates