New Guy stands up and says hi

I have been lurking for the past 5 years.
Time for me to say "hi!"
5 yrs ago I had no clue.
Now, thanks to the info on this list, I have
a few clues. Many people off-line have helped
me get up to speed setting up my own instruments
and picking out the best gear for my situation.
These people were professionals who didn't have
to share their trade secrets but they did and I
thank them- G, Tim Moyer, Doug Tate, Mike Will,
Richard Hunter. I think I got like an hour of free
music downloads off Richard's website. My goodness.
That's like a free album's worth. (I did actually
go off and BUY his music too.)
What a community!

I play self customized Marine Bands and Golden
Melodys through a Gibson Falcon GA19RVT. I use
an SM-57 but I find that it is a bit noisy when
I adjust my grip etc. Any suggestions how I can
handle this mic without causing a racket?

- -Marcus