Re: summerdance moontime

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Albert Johnson" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi all... if interested, please check out my demo
> recording of a medley of "Summertime" and "Moondance":..........

Hi Scott,

I like the way you thickened up those higher notes using octaves.  For some
reason, I've never tried using octaves in 4th.  After fooling around a bit I
see they actually lay out pretty well for Summertime.

 >I think it gives a good demonstration of how I like to >play 4th position
(most of this is in 4th, with a smattering >of 3rd).

>From the sound of you're clip it looks like you've definitely done your
homework.  What percentage of your playing is done outside of 2nd position?

Thanks
Mark