Re: Re: Here's a reason go to SPAH early

michael harp <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I heard Jason's band  for the first time last night and all I gotta say to
> Chris and Mike is you better take off your soft brown shoes and slip on your
> running shoes along with a jet backpack.:-)
>
>  There is no one out there that blow or overblows blues like Ricci.  He
> picks up where other speed demons leave their soul off and just keeps
> building the momentum, climaxing several times throughout the song.

we saw him play at a jazz/blues festival in nj a few weeks ago.
blew us all away.  i explained to my kids afterward that the stuff
he was doing was clearly impossible to do on a harp.  but he
somehow managed to anyway.  there was a line afterwards at
the vending booth to buy his cd, "feel good funk", which is an
outstanding cd (yes, i was at the front of that line).

i see from his web site that there's a live cd on the way.
can't hardly wait.  for you others that can't wait, there are some
(apparently legitimate, linked from his site) mp3's you can
download at http://www.musicv2.com/artist/jasonricci

*highly* recommended.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.