"El Dorado Cadillac"

Actually it WAS Calvin, and not Clarence Carter, who wrote the tune, no
disrespect to www.allmusic.com intended.  Clarence and Calvin began as a gospel
duo, cut a few early deep-soul tunes on small labels in the early '60s, including
a phenomenal one called "I Stayed Away Too Long," which was later covered by
several groups including the Wallace Brothers.  Calvin went on to be a
writer-producer and scored a few more regional hits in the deep South on other
artists, including James Carr, while brother Clarence over-chuckled his way through
"Patches" and scored good dough singing that frat-boy kind of pseudo-soul that
involves single-entendre titles like "Strokin'," "More Strokin'" and
"Strokin' in the Back of an Eldorado Cadillac" (not really), accompanied by
ever-greater amounts of chuckling.  The waste of a real talent, but at least his family
has food to eat.

Next time maybe we should just all say "The Yardbirds."

Peace and Respect
Johnny T