re: five minutes a day

I usually practice longer and less regularly but I break my practice session
into little sections.

Chromatic: I'll spend 10-15 minutes, finding notes, working scales and playing
with it seeing what sounds I can get.

Minor harp: 10-5 minutes, again, finding my way around the harp, trying to pick
out melodies, experimenting with octaves etc.

Woodshedding: I'll find some album like Jr Wells's Hoodoo Man Blues and learn
the riffs.

Technique: I'll spend some time trying 3rd positon or work on major pentatonic
scales, work on vibrato, something I'm curious about.

I try to play once a week and try to throw in my new techniques to see if they
actually work in a real music context. I find I learn more playing with another
musician for a couple hours than I do wwith weeks of practice.I also try to
play different styles not just blues. Some time spent playing funk, reggae,
even real hard rock helps my blues playing.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm