Re: five minutes a day

Robert said:

This thread is VERY interesting for an european mind and, IMHO, has A
LOT to do with "instant gratification" so engrained in the american
psyche.

I guess Iceman forgot there are Europeans on the list. You have to
understand that due to constant abuse by marketers, the american mind has
been forced to adapt, whenever it hears an exagerated claim, it recognizes
it as hype and either ignores it or translates the claim to a more resonable
claim in less than a nanosecond.

Don't forget Iceman said:

>> Of course, any additional practice you wish to add should be considered a
bonus to yourself and enjoyed as such, but treat it separate >> from the new
discipline you are developing

So you can play more but should be diciplined for 5 minutes a day and work
on one item. I tried to practice one skill for 5 minutes and without even
noticing I was over ten minutes before I new it. Now hopefully I will play
some more today but if I get busy or get sucked in by the boob tube I will
have practiced the one thing I really want to improve.

Gordon Graham said:

The more often our brains are reminded of what we
are trying to learn the faster we develop those habits.

I agree with Gordon and would like to add that in any kind of training,
quality is more important than quantity; I'm real good at quantity as I like
to fool around, but I'm terrible at quality. So for me 5 minutes of quality
a day of quality time sounds just great.

Pierre.

(Canada)