Get a chromatic?

Phil wrote:

>If all you want is the  ability to play chromatic notes, get  a chromatic. In
>fact, get one in every key. That way you can play the chord that goes with
>the notes. But that's another story ...

But I can't carry all those chromatics in my pocket -  in fact even one chromatic
doesn't fit very well in my pocket.   And I can't drive around in my car and play along
with any song that comes up in the radio -- but maybe some of you chromatic players
have mastered the art of one-handed button pushing playing while driving better than I.