Re: Get a chromatic

"Keith Freeman" <keith.freeman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >  playing while driving
> This idea - which seems to be prevalent in the States - horrifies me. Over here in
> Holland a law was passed a while back banning the use of mobile phones while driving.

here in the states, it's hard to find someone on the road who *isn't*
yakking on a cell phone.

this thursday in nj a new law prohibits talking on the phone
while driving, though they can only ticket you if you've been stopped for some
other reason (excuse).

> Hands on the wheel at all times, folks!

i wonder if it's any safer playing harp if you're using a rack?
the original studies here that found driving while talking unsafe
found no difference between regular or hands-free usage.
though i question their methodology.

> Save the harmonica for when you're stuck in a
> traffic jam.

in many parts of the states, driving is synonymous with
being stuck in a traffic jam.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.