Harmonica sightings

Hi Folks,

You've probably seen the harmonica in the Cracker Barrel
restaurants. Sells for $4.99 now. They also have a kiosk where
you can sample CDs. One is all harmonica and the artist is
Mickey Rapheal (harmonica player for Willie Nelson).
Mickey does play some songs on chromatic on this CD. On
the liner notes (sorry, you have to buy the CD) he lists the
harmonicas used and the key of each song.

Most recent sighting was at Bob Evan's restaurant (a popular
mid-western eatery and a favorite hang out of mine). Two
weeks ago they had a stack of harmonicas for sale. I suspected
from the box that they were tremolo - and bought one to confirm
that fact (and to support the harmonica movement). It was of
surprisingly good quality (for the $3.99 cost). Not a brand name
I had seen before. Schylling Fun To Play Harmonica, Made in China.
They sold out within two weeks, I think there were 24 to start, and
yesterday the manager told me he ordered another shipment.

And one more - at Dollar Tree. A tremolo harmonica, which seems
much the same quality as the one at Bob Evan's but did not play as
well. Only identification on this one was "Harmonica" in big letters on
the cover plates. The cost of this one... you guessed it, $1.00.

Jack Ely