RE: Re: Grant Dermody Seminar in NJ

you can't really put a price on the jam camp experience. don't mean to
split hairs. don't want to offend.

I attended the Skokie, and am going to go to Sommerset harmonica Jam
Camp. Gindick is a ball of energy, and his enthusiasm is infectious. I
was able to sit and have a discussion at length with Joe Filisko. I got
to see how Larry "The Iceman" conducted his teaching sessions. I got to
know that I am a personal friend of Buzz Krantz's. (he's damn cool too)
Saw many, very talented musicians. I got to be sincerely intimidated as
I have never ever played in front of 25 plus other harmonica cats. I
found out - that even those I hold in the highest esteem - also felt a
bit intimidated too. It's a very humbling experience. Very educational
as well. We covered A LOT OF GROUND. They are all very brilliant people.
Very cool. Made a new friend there too. (Hey Kevin!)

I have been playing for nearly 30 years - but I am telling you, the
experience and the discovery, the enlightenment... the sheer inspiration
to get me off my arse and climb off my plateau... well, it's got no
price tag on it for the worth and meaning it has given to me.

I am looking forward to attending another one. I have to include myself
as a convert now. I used to think "well, I know how to play most any
tune I want to do... I have learned enough." Now? No way will I ever be
that complacent again.

(Jam Camp is where I heard about harp-L too - so you can blame them for
this soapbox. haha.)

Thanks Jam Camp!!

(...and very special thanks to my buddy ED!)