time signatures

It's true the 5/4 and 7/4 time signatures on "Watching the World" are not
wierd by themselves, especially if you studied the "Rite of Spring" by
Stravinsky.  I meant they are wierd for "boggie" tunes.  But of cousre
there is a long history in the Brubeck family of playing in different time
signatures.

As for Mark Crowley's comment about feeling at the bottom of the ladder, if
playing the harmonica, or any instrument, were as easy as driving a car,
everyone would do it and nobody would care.

But you new players have joined the ranks of the few who attempt to play an
instrument and should view the mountain of knowledge ahead as wonderful and
exciting.

I can still remember learning my first scales on chromatic or sight
reading; boy that was fun and fortunately I still have a blast playing the
harmonica!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com