Spring Harmonica Festival

Scorcher asked me to forward this to harp-l.  Questions are better
directed to  s_c_o_r_c_h_e_r@xxxxxxx  There is an info url at the bottom
of the announcement.

The La Mesa Spring Harmonica Festival is coming up again!
This year's event is scheduled for April 10th.

About Spring Harp Fest
There is no admission to our event and everyone is invited to pack a
picnic
lunch (no alcohol please), a frisbee or hula hoop for the kids, water,
sunscreen, blanket or beach chair, and be sure to bring your smile. . .
and
join us because this is always a good old fashioned afternoon in the
park.

This is our 5th annual benefit show, in 2000 and 2001 we raised around
2,000
harmonicas to be distributed to the kids in attendance at local BITS
presentations.

In 2002 we started supporting the Girls Club Music Program, and in 2003
were
able to meet our initial goal of purchasing 12 electronic keyboards.
They
plan on starting to feature beginning piano lessons in their upcoming
summer
calendar. Thanks for your support as we continue with our secondary goal
this year to now purchase 200 harmonicas to be used in workshops for
children involved in programs at the Girls Club in south San Diego

This event remains a first of it's kind for San Diego County where
everyone
involved from set-up, to Sound Man, to Musicians, to Clean up Crew, and
MC
volunteer our time, talent and expertise, working together to build a
better
future.

We like to think of Spring Harp Fest as a way for musicians to stand
together and really make a difference in our community with what we do.
. .
our music.

While raising funds/harmonicas with this event we hope to also increase
the
visibility of better harmonica music, as well as the many other
talented/local blues and roots musicians that are available in and
around
our area.

Please do join us for this most enjoyable and important event in a fun
family atmosphere at a beautiful city park.

You can learn more about the Spring Harmonica Festival at:
http://www.springharpfest.org/

So if you're anywhere near Southern California April 10th, come on by!