do i need a copy right license to submit a cover song for compilation

Hi I have been off List for a while and would like to submit a recording
and purchase a copy. However I have a question regarding the submissions
> I play in a cover band and the material I have is cover material. How do I
go about obtaining the proper licensing to be able to submit these
recordings
> a couple of the possible entrys I am considering are Feelin alright/you
cant always get what you want medley ( Joe Cocker/Rolling Stones) I also
have a couple of others such as Shake Your Money Maker or Five Long Years