Re: re--do i need a copy right license -"three quarter rate"

On Mar 4, 2004, at 4:57 PM, adams, john wrote:

> I tried one of the covers we do, Hoochi Coochi Man (Gal in our case)
> and it
> says that the minimum is 500, and the cost is $50 for just the one
> song, I
> don't know if I would call that very little, not at least for us.
>
> John

Hi John,

If 50 dollars is too much, here is a technique that is tried and true
to save money. I should know because I have utilized the technique on
my CD for the version of LOVE SONG by Elton John.

If you want to print fewer than 500 or want to pay less, you simply
call the publisher (by looking up the phone number if it is not listed
on the website). Tell them you are an independent artist with little or
no distribution and want to print a few copies and cannot or do not
want to pay the full amount. They WILL, in almost all cases, negotiate
what is called a "three quarter rate" which will knock 25% off your
amount. Who knows, you might get even more taken off if you ask..

Not a bad way to save money with a five minute phone call.

I hope this helps,

love and harps,

randy singer