RE: Big Walter's equipment

Tom Ball,
Thanks lots for the Horton info, particularly on mics.  When I saw him
in 1971 with Willie Dixon he was using the same PE57 black plastic mic
that Madcat mentions.  I remember thinking, "I have to get one of
those" as I was just starting out on harp and figured that must be what
you used (George Smith, the other harp player I would see most often,
was using the PA mic most of the time).  I found something that looked
sort of like it, but sounded terrible.  When I did finally find  one of
the PE57s  many  years later, I thought that was what I had seen him
use so thanks for the info.   I did see Walter a few other times,
usually with a JT 30 and I agree that he sounded great with whatever
setup he used.