Re: Big W equipment (was Big W on DVD)

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "MLeFree" <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: Big W equipment (was Big W on DVD)

> Now, to my point (and there is a point, really  ;).  In terms of the
effects
> the Chicago harpers used, I have read that Leonard Chess mic'ed an empty
> tiled closet (or bathroom, I can't recall which) that had a speaker in it
> carrying the desired instruments to get natural reverb effect on many of
the
> famous and historic Chess sides.  I love a resourceful person, and Leonard
> was nothing if he wasn't that.
>
> Thanks for the great info again, Tom!
>
> Michelle

Hi,
That was your basic standard reverb in a recording studio back then, though
often times, it was usually a fairly large men's bathroom. I actually did a
recording session 20 years ago with the harp amp recorded while it was in a
heavily tiled bathroom, and it's quite the natural reverb with everything
bouncing off the tiles on the wall and floor.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com