Re: Treat Her Right

Jim Fitting was indeed the harp player for Treat Her Right. I liked his
playing plenty, very Chicago style, worked well within the band's rough,
dark, minimalist roots-rock sound.  There was no bass guitar in the
band; bass lines were played by a guitar run through an octave divider.
The drummer used a very stripped-down kit too.  Jimmy also sang lead on
their biggest hit, "I Think She Likes Me."

When the band broke up (after 2 records on RCA, as I recall, and a
followup indie release), the lead singer formed the even wierder, darker
band "Morphine," whose instrumentation consisted of 2-string slide bass,
baritone sax, and drums.  They sounded like nothing else, and they
rocked very hard.  The singer (David Champagne, I think?) died of a
heart attack during a performance a few years ago, so there will be no
more Morphine.  Their records are well worth hearing for players who are
interested in making big rock sounds without keyboards or guitar.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter