Electric Harp

So we know tone comes from the player. That stated there's something magic
about
playing through a good tube amp. Every time I play through the little 48 Champ I
get a smile on my face.

Nothing wrong with effects either. Most instruments get recorded with a
little effects to compensate for technique-the singer gets a little
compression(and pitch correction now) the drummer gets a noise gate, the bass
is
run through a limiter.In the old days tape added effects- saturation and
compression. The Champ gives me a real musical tube compression and distortion.
It thickens the octaves and chords. Gives everything a real vintage sound.

In a live situation there's so many things that affect the sound besides the amp
and mic. Just give me something I'm used to so there's no
nasty surprises. Recording is different. I've tried a lot of different
combinations but the Champ really gives me the sound I'm looking for.

So tone comes from the player but equipment is still important.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm