Pro Junior

Hi,
I have a Pro Junior,  an older tweed version with blue Fender speaker.  I
like the tone and volume I get from this amp but I have a question!  I get a
weird overtone sometimes on higher pitched notes.   I  put in vintage RCA
12ax7's but this overtone/harmonic is still present.  My question is, should
I change the JJ EL84's?  Do power tubes contribute to overtones or
harmonics?    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
JJ