RE: Pro Junior

JJ,
More than likely you're getting ghost notes from the speaker.  This is not
necessarily a defect, just something that seems to happen.  I'd contact Ted
Weber at www.webervst.com and ask him how to check/fix it.  Your tubes are
probably ok, but if they've been in there a few years and you play alot, it
doesn't hurt to change 'em.  I like the sound of fresh tubes, they're
punchier.
Hambone

>Hi,
>I have a Pro Junior,  an older tweed version with blue Fender speaker.  I
>like the tone and volume I get from this amp but I have a question!  I get
>weird overtone sometimes on higher pitched notes.   I  put in vintage RCA
>12ax7's but this overtone/harmonic is still present.  My question is,
>should
>I change the JJ EL84's?  Do power tubes contribute to overtones or
>harmonics?    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>JJ

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx