Re: Buckeye jazz

At 13:36 10/03/2004, Harmonica Blu wrote:

>The real jazz "jam" last year at Buckeye was an impromptu session with Chris
>Bauer and several other absolutely outstanding players -- another chrom
>player, bass and chord harps, etc.-- in one of the meeting rooms one day. It
>was glorious and swinging. Maybe something like that can be scheduled (hint,
>hint) so more folks can enjoy it. I stumbled upon it by pure chance.
>Blu
>Harmonica Blu

The wonderful thing about a convention is that it is better than the sum of
it's parts.
All the convention organisers can do is to provide an explosive mix of
musicians.
This mix then combines with th3e talent which is ALWAYS there in the
attendees.
When this mix gets together expect miracles.
BUT they won't be the same miracle every time.
Sunsets are wonderful... but tomorrow you don't expect to see the same one!!!

What can be done, and is done, is to take elements from what has happened
in an impromptu way and build on the IDEA...  sometimes it works, sometimes
it is dead in the water!

BUT, there's ~always~ magic at these conventions.

Douglas t