Re: Dialing in that " Tone " Thang

In a message dated 3/11/04 1:06:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mark.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> have seen a guy with a bullet into a pa - but he had gone thru what he
> called a small "eq' pedal first - I couldn't see it properly because it was so
> damn dark.
>
> anybody have any ideas?

I like direct to PA for my personalized style of harmonica sound. Most often
there is an SM-58 available. I remove windsaver, center the bass and mid
controls on that channel, turn the treble completely down and ask for a
mildsprinklingofreverbandordelay. This is done very quickly and with a minimum of
soundchecking.

To take this to the next stage, I will bring my Ruskin Mic, two 10 ft guitar
cables, Boss Digital Delay (old vintage one) and wall wart, and extension
cord. Mic into cable into Delay into PA channel. Same setting of tone levels and
this time NO EFFECTS through the PA. I now have complete control of my own
delay.

The Iceman