Re: [harp-l] Show report-Little Charlie and the Nightcats (longish)

In a message dated 3/13/04 6:33:30 PM, awimhurst@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I was surprised to hear that he was using a Harpking, but there ya go.
> I thought they'd made everyone sound ultra-compressed - was that the
> case?

 When I saw Estrin last summer, he had just started using the Harp King.. I
talked with him on the band's break and he seemed more concerned whether he
sounded too much like Rod Piazza or if he still sounded like he used to. His
sound, of course, is always excellent, maybe the best out there today, in my
opinion... but I had heard him before thru whatever he used to use and I did like
that a little better.. still, Rick Estrin through anything is better than most
people. And I still have not heard anyone who can do the "masters" as well as
Estrin.

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp