Funny thing about learning bends...

Hi Russ,
> Soaking diatonics used to be a fairly widespread practice for people
> into blues harp.
> water (or vodka) caused the wooden comb to swell, making the harp more
> airtight, thus requiring less wind for volume, making bends easier,
> etc.
That's interesting. I've read that bends are easier, the more airtight the harp is, but in
this case it's a plastic comb, so the comb swelling can't be the cause. I wonder if the
water is making something more airtight (perhaps the mouthpiece?) or whether it's the
water in the channel that's making bending easier (if so, how?) or water actually on the
reed (ditto?).

- -Keith Freeman