Re: Dialing in that " Tone " Thang

tha'ts sounding interesting- i had kept all that stuff Pat wrote in case it came in useful for when (if) I got better - I was sure it was all for pros - been playing lo's straight from the box and generally drive them into the ground until they are beyond redemption - had tried to tune myself a few times but gave up when made things worse - i guess its a bucking horse i will have to climb aboard again - groan.

crowley

>>> "G." <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/14/04 01:28pm >>>

The huge rumbles you are getting when you play draw intervals are a result
of the tuning of your harmonicas.   It might be worth trying out a 7 limit
Just Intonation harmonica which doesn't create the beats and difference
tones that are making themselves apparent with your rig.
Just Intonation has the warm, full tonal qualities that a lot of harmonica
players are striving for with their rigs.

Lee Oskars and Hohner Golden Melodies are tuned to 12tET which will do this
a lot more than other harmonicas that are tuned to JI or a compromise
between Just Intonation and 12tET.

  Its well worth putting some time into if you are concerned about your
amplified sound.

That said if you are bending double stops, you will usually get beats
regadless of the harmonica tuning.

- -- G.
http://harmonica.7p.com

- --