Re: t.b. blowbending- any advice?

you could try tinus' page - is it called "ten-hole"?

he has advice on how to overblow - which i can't do - but his advice on use of the tongue is very helpful for tb blow bends.  Glen Weiser is also a well known teacher for tb and he's got a few books out.

You might do better getting under the hood and check your reed gaps if you are having to blow too hard.

a good song to learn from and try to play blowbends to is Mike Stevens version of Silent Night - an excerpt on his bluegrass book/album. It won't come easy and needs lots of work - one hole at a time - but yu gradually end up with a nice little song that always seems to cheer u up - and it must have been hell to have heard him play it live in the church.

You can also try "you are my sunshine" up the top end. Very corny, but lots of fun.

crowley

>>> <Marion.Spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/16/04 02:03am >>>
I'm hitting a wall here, I can blow bend comfortably with the "u-groove"
and have control and tone, but I want to be able to tongueblock 'em too.
Where do I find it? I already t.b. everything else. I can t.b./blowbend on
the chromatic. I play softly from the gut and shoot for control with my
throat. Any tips or excercises appreciated!

kcmojoe