jazz jam, counting

Although friends said reactions were good and appreciative, I felt that I
played terribly, and that the band was struggling to keep time with me.
(Maybe cuz I didn't call the "right Key!") <grin>

It was a good lesson in remembering what it feels like for a new player to
perform at a jam for the first time.

What I learned:
I need to practice counting more precisely for the entrance of each line, so
that if the band isn't confident, and doesn't lay down the strong beat for
me, I can still come in at exactly the right time. (I sounded great to my
practice tracks at home... but, well, you know how that goes...)

Robert Hale
"the Duke Of Wail"
Coaching By Telephone
MailTo:HarmonicaTeacher@xxxxxxx