RE: jazz jam, keys

<<>I got some surprised looks when I called a tune, and was informed that
"the
>right key is..."
<<<

Hi Robert

Many jazz tunes are in keys like Eb, Bb, F etc. -  all very comfortable for
horns.
If you ask for a standard tune that's in eg Bb to be played in eg E for you
2nd position A harp you're likely to get strange looks - it's usually the
singers that want to change keys for their tessiture, and the musicians will
b***h about it (although jazz players do have to do their homework to play
everything in 12 keys if they to be really good ;-))

Ludo

Je horoscoop al gelezen? http://www.msn.be/horoscoop