The G. Harp

I hear a lot of static about custom harps. I've tried my share. I don't
deserve that dramatic of alterations normally all I need is an air-tight
harp that I usually create myself in several hours out of a Special 20
or Hering Free Blues using the ideas that mostly Tim Northcutt taught me
a few years ago (THANKS TIM!!!).

We'll most of you should remember that I played strictly Lee Oskars for
a long time till I blew on my first Hot Rod. A few weeks ago I received
a very cool harp from G. I requested him take my Lee Oskar, tune it to
just tuning (same as the old pre-war harps), set-up the harp and etc.
The wait was a while and my expectations wasn't near as high as the
turn-out. However, I received the harp back a few weeks ago and it is
exceptional. The LO returned from New Zealand very airtight, all squeaks
gone, set-up was great and the tuning, oh yeah. Grant it, it still had
that LO sound and clarity but chording was now very smooth and the harp
sounded a bit mellower. As I only wish I could afford a few more of
these harps I want to thank G. and let the list know that we got another
good customizer on-board and his work is really good!

Vince Cheney
~ The Blues Site - http://thebluessite.com
~ BidOnHarps - http://bidonharps.com