Re Harp Rack

Hello Ned :

Harp racks , its a love/hate thang for me . I have heard all the advice on this issue and welcomed the input from many harpers in an other harmonica forum , but bottom line is , yes you can play a harp in the rack with your guitar , but , you will never get it to sound like a hand held harp on a bullet mic pressed up tightly to your lips .

Next best thing so far and I am I am making one now is one like " Mad Cat Ruth's "  he has on a separate stand and you mentioned you were considering this type holder approach so you could sing . I have seen guys like "John Hamond use a traditional harp rack and do it real justice as Mad Cat does on his special custom job harp holder . Iron Mike Curtis is also a very good traditional harp rack man .

I have only been at it on a guitar 5 years compared to the 49 years on my harp and I know these other fellows have played harp & guitar 15 to 20 years , maybe I need another 15 to 20 years at it ¡ - - NOT  - - ! .

Try the separate holder thing like Mad Cat , they're  almost always a home made thang ( like Old Timer Dr.Ross's home made job for his one man band show ), I believe it is also a " custom fit " issue too that needs to be addressed as well . I got a neck and shoulders like Tampa Bay's Warren Sapp ! Them little bitty store bought racks just don't fit my mutant neck & shoulder frame .

Easy Blood Brother and if you make one , share it's design here with all of us , I will .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx