Re: 11 and 12 diatonic

<quote>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:22:35 -0500
From: "George Brooks" <gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 11 and 12 diatonic

Robert Hale wrote:

>If I wanted to explore 11th and 12th position
>diatonic, I would grab a golden melody in the
>key of C, then play 11th in Bb, and 12th in F, right? (whew!)

>What's happening in positions 7th thru 10th?

It's all straight Circle of Fifths.
8<
</quote>

... yup.  And for people unfamiliar with positions and how they relate to
the circle of  fifths, or wanting a handy reference, I've provided a
position's & circle of fifths wheel here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/intervalsfifths.html
for convenience.
But wait! Theres more!  Theres also a wheel for intervals.
  Point the arrow at the key or chord and immediately all its intervals.

Cheers,
G.