RE: jazz jam- call and response

I get the impression maybe you haven't listened to much jazz? Listening is
very, very
important. Any jazz player worth his salt has the sound of the jazz
classics - or at least a
goodly selection of them - inside his head.
- -Keith
==============================

Yes, that's exactly the challenge for me. I played clarinet and oboe in
school days, but not sax in a jazz band. Jazz intrigues me but it's among
the least listened to music.

You're right, my head is full of years of listening to blues, country, and
rock. Thanks for the  tip to listen more. (sigh)
I feel like those students who come to me and say, "just show me the hot
licks" and are reluctant to do the homework on the skill-drills.

Robert Hale
"the Duke Of Wail"
Coaching By Telephone
MailTo:HarmonicaTeacher@xxxxxxx