Re: 11 and 12 diatonic

hi george,

it's only if a player seeks to go beyond the cross blues in their musical tastes - not necessarily seeking to play chromatically.

I was under the impression that Bob Dylan played 4th position for yrs - he's just one example but surely there would be many others who weren't seeking complete chromaticity over the last century.

They were folk who wanted a harmonica to fit in with the music inside them. I doubt the concept of positions even mattered to them.

crowley

>>> George Brooks <gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx> 03/19/04 11:59am >>>
I think it's the ability to play the instrument chromatically that
has generated discussion of the positions past third.

I hope this helps.

George

- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org